Are you on Snapchat? Did you know that you can make money on Snapchat? Here is our comprehensive guide on how to make money on Snapchat.
How to Make Money on Snapchat (Social Media Income Guide)
Today, social media has become a part of our everyday lives. Social media has revolutionized the business world. People now can easily connect with their prospects and make money on social media platforms.
Snapchat is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms. In this article, we will delve on how to make money on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
Developed by Bob Murthy and Evan Spiegel in 2011, Snapchat allows its users to share a story, photos, and videos with their followers. One unique aspect of this social media channel is that its messages disappear after the intended audience person sees it.
A Snapshot story can also disappear after 24 hours. Snapchat enables its users to make money with a private Snapchat since they can share audacious and explicit images confidently with a Snapchat Premium account.
With Snapchat, you can do selfies, emojis, masks, and filters. You can also use the app to a video call.
Snapchat has a discover section where 16 different social media outlets such as MTV, VOX, and BuzzFeed publish their content and news from their websites as snaps.
Also, it allows the presentation materials in non-standard formats.
Snapchat has been around for only eight years only, but the daily active users of Snapchat are now over 118 million.
According to a study conducted in 2016, Snapchat had more daily video views than Facebook and more active daily users than Twitter.
Snapchat keeps rolling out new features to appeal mostly to the millennial generation.
Tips to Build Your Snapchat Audience
Snapchat has impressive business potential. You can leverage the connections that you make on Snapchat to make money online.
Snapchat is quite lucrative, especially if you are targeting generation Z, which forms at least 70% of the users. However, the older generations are also slowly adopting this platform.
Here we will explore more on Snapchat monetization ideas and how to make money on Snapchat as a method to make money online. But before that, let’s look at how to grow your Snapchat account.
Tips for using Snapchat to build an audience:
- Use the other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to invite and add your friends and personal contacts to Snapchat. Take advantage of your contacts on social sites and tease the kinds of exclusive content you will offer them if they follow you on Snapchat.
- Use tools like Canva to edit your images and video to make them more appealing to your audience.
- Promote other people on Snapchat and chances are they will also follow you back for that.
- Use content and crowd marketing to put your Snapcode in posts and articles.
- Post to your story daily at least 20 times consecutively but be careful not to overdo it. If you run out of content, you can use Envato Elements to download stock videos and photos to create engaging content.
- You can activate a coupon that offers a discount, promo code, or cashback.
- Convince other users to follow you; for example, you can get them from find friends of friends, social influencers, local celebrities and entertainers, and any other accounts that you like.
- Network on social media message boards where you and other members can exchange info, follow one another and help your respective stats to grow.
- Display your Snapcode to let the people on your friends’ list in other social media sites follow you on Snapchat. Alternatively, Post your Snapcode publicly to let people follow you.
- Get Snapchat shout-outs from users with many followers. In some instances, you can talk and appeal to influential users and ask them to share your username or give you a verbal shout-out in one or a few of their snaps. This will encourage their followers to check out your account. Alternatively, you can pay for shout-outs from private companies and high-profile individuals.
- Reach out to another user directly through a direct message or mention them in a snap to bring your account to their attention.
Building an audience on Snapchat takes a lot of time and hardwork.
If you stay determined and creative, you can build a niche audience to then promote products, services, your own brand, etc.
See Related: Ways to Write and Get Paid Instantly
6 Proven, Easy Ways to Make Money with Snapchat
Let’s now explore how to make money on Snapchat after ‘you’ve collected a decent base of followers.
Here are six ways to make money on Snapchat:
1. Create and Promote Great Content Products
If you create quality and engaging Snapchat content, you will manage to capture the interests and hook the attention of your followers. A study shows that an average person has a 12 seconds attention span.
So, you have a minimum period to build relationships with your followers.
You can use the different tools available to customize your content and to make it an eye-catchy and attention-grabbing. Our favorite tool to use to make content more appealing is Canva.
They make the process to create videos and content super easy. You’ll be amazed. Check it out by using our link for a free sign up.
For example, you can use captions, emojis, stickers, doodles or creatives, and more. Use the creative that is permanent depending on your target audience, which is mostly millennials.
Also, you can use your Snapchat platform to promote content products such as ebooks, video courses or audio program and more and sell them to your followers.
If you create great information and content, then design and promote it well, you will increase your customers and sales.
2. Design and Launch Geofilters to Promote a Place or an Event-Related to your Business
You can create and launch a free geofilter for a public venue that is related to your niche, for example, parks, neighborhoods, or cities. Snapchat users often share filters, even the ones that are branded.
You can create a geofilter when you want to hold an event in that specific place or if you are opening a new store.
Geofilters come in two including personal and business. When creating a business geofilter, then you must include trademarks or logos. ‘It’s not possible to use phone numbers, contacts, or URLs when sharing a geofilter.
When you want to create a geofilter, you take a photo or a short video and then swipe to view all the filters that you can access and pick the appropriate one.
Always customize your geofilter using the Snapchats templates in Illustrator Formats or Adobe Photoshop and then test it using different images.
Then, download your geofilter and set the right time and date, select a location, pay for the filter, and confirm your order.
You can easily measure your geofilters effectiveness using the apps necessary reports.
See Related: Best Online Jobs to Make Extra Money
3. Create Snap Ads and a Call-to-Action to Your Services
One way to make money with Snapchat is through the creation of call-to-action buttons. If you create a call-to-action button with teaser images, you can make your followers want to click on them.
Create a button that convinces people that they can make profits or you can solve their issues in the best way.
After that, ad your Snapchat username to your other profiles as well as your email signature. Also, when you put your stories on display, remember to put your Snapcode wherever possible.
You can leverage the connection of social media to advertise your services. Research shows that over 500,000 users check through Snap ads during the day. You can create and deliver your message to your target audience using Snap ads.
Snapchat has an ads manager to conveniently help you with this though it is restricted in some countries. The app supports specific ads formats, including Snap ads to listen, watch, and more.
You can also make some money through premium Snapchat subscription. This is an account that allows people to share audacious videos and photos with a specific target audience, and people have to pay for the content.
See Related: Free Ad Revenue Calculator
4. Promote Affiliate Products
Snapchat is also an excellent platform to do affiliate marketing. Invite as many followers as possible to follow your account on Snapchat.
You can become an Amazon Associate and promote products of your choice to earn commissions on them. The best and effective way of promoting affiliate products is through writing reviews.
For example, if you have personally used a product and liked it, you can let your followers know about it. Share extensive product reviews showing the benefits of using these products on your blog.
Give the right side and the wrong side of using these products and be honest. You can even incorporate the use of a video if you so like.
If you have a vast audience, you can make money with affiliate marketing by recommending any product to your followers and getting a percentage or commission from clicks or sales.
Sign up for FlexOffers to start partnering with thousands of different brands to promote their products. They have an awesome referral program, so you will revenue every time you refer someone in addition to the money you make promoting products!
Read more about the platform in our full FlexOffers review.
See Related: Best Online Business Ideas to Make Money
5. Promote Products Using Sponsored Posts and Visual Images
With Snapchat, you can share sponsored posts that promote your business products and services. Snapchat gives its users a chance to create a business page where you can share more information about what you do. You can use this platform to find prospects and to increase your customer base.
Avoid over promoting your products because your followers may find them not suitable. Try to mix things up and create some posts that can add value to your followers.
When developing your products and services, create a catchy call-to-action.
Let your audience know how they will benefit. You can use videos to demonstrate to your followers the advantage of using your products. Implement the ideas that are working.
For example, if women and little puppies easily capture the attention of your audience, then use them more.
Remember that Snapchat focuses on the impulsivity of people. Therefore, if you want to make a sale, then you must match the mood and the energy level of the users.
Use ideas that mostly appeal to young people between 18-34 years old.
For example, you can add art to the snaps such as Halloween masks, and fancy dresses, etc.
If you can create handmade crafts, clothing, knitted items, and art pieces, then you can use this app to showcase your products to your followers. You can direct your followers to your Etsy account to check out your products.
You can also create videos to showcase your products and to let your followers know how they can find you. This can be an excellent opportunity to increase your customers and ultimately increase sales.
See Related: 14+ Gig Economy Jobs to Work Anywhere
6. Create Sponsored Lenses and Posts to Promote your Coaching or Consulting Services
You can also use Snapchat to promote your coaching or consulting business. If you are a fitness trainer or a life coach, you can use Snapchat to create more interest in your services.
You can connect with your target customers and generate leads for your consulting and coaching business on Snapchat.
You can invite people to join you on Skype for coaching and consultancy services. Charge a fair rate for your time and efforts. You can also use the opportunity to sell ebooks and video courses that you have on a specific subject.
Sponsored lenses and posts are unique ways of promoting Snapchat. You can offer your branded lenses whose creation is a prerogative of Snapchat. Snapchat can create a design with your products and logo on it when you explain your business goals.
The audience can see and share the lenses with others. Friends can recommend a sponsored lens to others.
Different brands, such as ‘L’Oreal and Michael Kors, are using sponsored lenses to increase their sales and rates. Research shows that sponsored lenses are more memorable and can increase business sales than other channels.
Sponsored stories are also ideal for promotions. Snapchat displays sponsored stories in the special section where users see them by default when they are looking through the stories of their friends.
When using sponsored stories, you should make the story catchy to hook the attention of the audience.
See Related: 20+ Best Side Hustle Ideas
Monetization Tips for Snapchat
Here are a few tips to help you succeed in Snapchat:
- Consistently define your personality to offer the highest level of engagement.
- Make your stories and sketches playful and funny and playful; remember to emphasize more on the brand story and not the product itself.
- Always monitor the results and analyze whatever strategy you choose. You can keep an eye on the number of followers, their actions as well as responses, the number of views and even find out what brought more conversion and optimization.
If you liked our guide on Snapchat, check out these tips and steps to make money on TikTok.
See Related: How to Choose the Best Blogging Platform
Conclusion on How to Make Money on Snapchat
Social media marketing keeps evolving. Snapchat is a social media platform that is gaining popularity with each passing day. Research shows that Snapchat reported that in a total income of $404 million, which is four times more than in 2015.
You can make use of this guide on how to make money on Snapchat to benefit from the Snapchat app as well as create a source of passive income.
- How to Come Up with a Blog Name: Tips for Building Your Brand
- List of Untapped Niche Markets: Target an Untouched Audience
- Highest Paying Survey Sites to Earn Cash Now
Are you ready to make money on Snapchat?