I’ll highlight a number of ways to get free money now using a variety of methods. These easy ways can put cash in your pocket with limited additional effort.
Earning money is actually pretty easy these days. You just have to go out and find the ways. Stay creative and keep your options open. While free money sounds like a scam, it isn’t.
There are plenty of apps, games, surveys, data and so much more that will simply give you money in exchange for a small amount of effort.
I’m a huge fan of making money online to achieve financial freedom.
Like less than 5 seconds type of effort.
We will highlight some of the most effective ways to earn free money, which will tally up over $2,557 in free money.
Let’s first highlight how to get free money.
Table of Contents
How to Get Free Money
The best ways to get free money entail a few small tasks in exchange for money via PayPal, gift cards, cold hard cash, rewards point and so much more.
These small tasks in order for you to get free money include considerations below. Here is how to get free money in a variety of ways:
- Sign up for something
- Opt-in for rewards points
- Asking for discounts or bonuses
- Giving out your data in exchange for money
These methods are simple and easy. You’ll be putting extra cash in your pocket in no time. I’ll highlight the ways to get money for free both online and offline.
Let’s get into the good stuff.
25 Best Ways to Get Free Money Right Now
Alright, we are on to the good stuff. Here is a list of the top ways to get free money both online and offline.
1. InboxDollars: Join & Get $5 Instantly
InboxDollars is a proven way to get money for not doing much work at all.
With InboxDollars, they will send you offers directly to your inbox and you can either shop, complete or answer questions to start earning money instantly.
|Earn Per Activity||Payment Method||Min To
|Up to $5||Cash & Gift Cards||$30||CLAIM BONUS||Read Full Review|
It’s a great way to earn extra money on the go and completely online.
Sign up to get a $5 bonus for little to no work at all.
2. Survey Junkie: Answer Questions for Money
Survey Junkie is one of the oldest and most reliable survey websites.
It’s a very similar site to Swagbucks (more on that below) but specializes in just surveys.
It’s completely free to sign up and you’ll start earning extra income right away.
Then, you can use Survey Junkie to answer a variety of questions to start racking up extra cash. It’s a pretty sound way to make money online in your spare time.
They offer the fastest and easiest way to sign up to get started.
Read more about the site in our Survey Junkie review.
3. Swagbucks: Get $10 Bonus for Signing Up
Swagbucks is one of those survey sites that will provide you gift cards for answering questions. It’s really as simple as that.
|Earn Per Activity||Payment Method||Min To
|$0.4 - $2||PayPal or Gift Cards||$3||CLAIM BONUS||Read Full Review|
If you use my link, you will get a $10 bonus simply by signing up and joining. No strings attached beyond that.
Want to learn more? Read more about the site in our Swagbucks review.
4. Search for Unclaimed Money
Unclaimed money is out there. You just have to ask and look it up. You can use a tool like the US Unclaimed Money Search.
With these tools you can do the following:
- Find unclaimed money and property in states where you have lived
- Check for unclaimed funds from bank failures or deposits
- Search for unclaimed or undelivered tax refunds
- Find unclaimed back wages, pension money or life insurance funds
Any of the above fits your bill? If so, you might want to look into it. Most people think unclaimed money as cold hard cash that was found by a police officer.
That’s not the case at all. There are plenty of avenues. Maybe you have unclaimed money?
5. Trim: Reduce Your Subscription Expenses Instantly
Subscriptions are all the rage these days. There is a streaming service for every single network, such as Disney +, HBO Go, Sling, Hulu, Netlix, etc. the list goes on and on.
Trim is a great app that will simply run through your expenses and find the subscriptions that are worth being “trimmed” out of your budget.
There’s nothing better than saving money to make money.
6. Drop App: Get $5 Just for Signing Up
Drop is one of my favorite cashback apps for credit and debit card users. All you need to do is add your card and select your top five favorite vendors. You will automatically earn points when you spend money at these vendors.
Then, redeem those points for gift cards or use them to enter sweepstakes.
7. Ibotta App: Get $10 For Signing Up
Ibotta is a cashback app that takes a bit of a different approach to earning rebates. You simply scan in your receipts from purchasing at participating stores and…
BOOM! Cash shows up in your balance that is redeemable via PayPal. Want instant money?
Ibotta will give you $10 instantly simply by signing up.
8. Rakuten: Get $10 for Signing Up
Rakuten is one of my favorite methods for cashback. They have a nifty plugin that will instantly track your routine spending and you’ll get cashback when you spend your money.
Plus side… You get an instant $10 bonus when you join.
Read more about the site in our Rakuten review.
9. Join a Microinvesting App to Get Free Money or Stocks
I’m a huge fan of micro-investing. This has opened the door to anyone to start investing. No matter your income. These apps will help you start putting your money to work with no transaction fees.
Microinvesting apps offer some of differentiating perspectives that help you invest. These are my personal favorites:
- Acorns: Will invest loose change by rounding up your debit and credit card transactions seamlessly.
- Robinhood: They will give you a free share of stock when you sign up. No transaction costs to buy stocks. Ever.
- Webull: Like Robinhood, they will give you a free share of stock simply by signing up. No transaction fees at all. No strings attached.
Some of these apps will even give you free stock simply for signing up.
Want to find out how to invest? Here is an in-depth guide on how to invest small amounts of money.
Want to Invest Smarter?
- M1 Finance: My personal favorite to invest money on auto-pilot. It's completely free to use, it will automatically contribute your investment into allocated pies. Join M1 Finance Now
- Robinhood: No transaction fees on any type of trading. No strings attached. You'll even get a free share of stock when you join. Get Free Stock Now
- Personal Capital: Track your net worth and retirement accounts for free to ensure proper diversification. I love tracking my accounts with Personal Capital. Join Personal Capital for Free
10. Dosh: Download the App, Get $5 to PayPal
I love Dosh for earning cash directly to my PayPal account completely hassle-free. There are only a few legitimate ways to earn money to your PayPal account for doing next to nothing.
You earn cashback after linking your credit and debit cards by making purchases at qualified cashback locations.
Dosh is one of those ways. Get a $5 bonus for downloading the app and signing up.
11. Get a New Bank Account
Bank accounts will pay you simply to make the switch. Why? No one likes going through the hassle of changing all your direct depositing, bill payments and checks over. If you are willing to put in some hard work, you can reap some nice benefits.
There are a handful of bank accounts out there that offer competitive interest rates and awesome upfront bonuses.
Personally, I use CIT Bank for my savings account. It helped me increase my savings rate without doing much work at all.
CIT Bank offers some of the most competitive interest rates out there for savings accounts.
12. Arcadia Power: Get a $20 Credit and Go Green
Arcadia Power is one of my favorite ways to cut my spending on electricity.
I’m a personal user of Arcadia Power. When you sign up, you automatically go clean, green energy through the purchasing of renewable energy credits.
When you join, they will give you a $20 credit when you link your utility account.
You will continually save on electricity since the rate of power they provide is cheaper than your utility.
13. Answer Questions for Money with Opinion Outpost
Opinion Outpost is one of the best ways to make money with survey sites. They offer some of the best payouts simply for filling out questions offered by them.
Opinion Outpost offers 1,000’s of money-making opportunities. There is no purchase necessary here are some instant perks:
- Earn cash and gift cards by sharing your opinion on online surveys.
- Opinion Outpost is 100% free to sign up
Try Opinion Outpost to start earning money now. Read more about the site in our Opinion Outpost review.
See Related: Best Survey Sites to Make Money
14. Credible: Refinance Your Student Loans & Save Money ($750 Cash Bonus)
I refinanced my student loans. I couldn’t believe how long it took me to refinance them. After I refinanced and started repaying them at a faster rate, my student loans were gone before I knew it. It ended up saving me a ton of money.
By refinancing, you likely find the lowest possible rate on your loans and once it gets funded, you inherently save money. Refinancing nearly always saves your money in a free manner.
Credible is by far the best way to refinance your student loans. You can save thousands of dollars (like me) along the way.
Get a quote for free and see if you can save $1,000 instantly.
15. Get a Massive Bonus ($200) by Signing Up for a Cashback Credit Card
Cashback credit cards are no-brainers. You can use them to stack on top of the other cashback apps mentioned above. This can result in 10-20% cashback or even over 30% cashback!
That is pretty astounding. Cashback credit cards will oftentimes give you a bonus when you meet a minimum spending requirement.
This is basically free cash because you should be able to meet that spending by making routine purchases you already make.
Here are some of the best bonuses for cashback cards:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Cash Back Credit Card: Spend $500 in first 3 months and get a $200 bonus
- Chase Freedom Cash Back Credit Card: Spend $500 in first 3 months and get a $200 bonus
- Bank of America Cash Rewards: Spending $1,000 in the first 3 months and get a $200 bonus
16. Consider Doing Spending Arbitrage or Manufactured Spending
Spending arbitrage is basically free cash. You don’t have to do much work at all and you’ll generate cash flow instantly.
What is it?
Manufactured spending (or spending arbitrage as I like to call it) is the act of spending with a credit card solely for the purpose of generating rewards. Whatever you spend your money on, you can want to turn that into cash that then repays your credit card spend.
For example, you spend $500 on gift cards at a store that earns 5% cashback.
You then redeem those gift cards to cash to then pay off your balance. Thus, you earned 5% x $500 = $25 of free cash.
See Related: Ways to Refer People and Earn Money
17. Earn Massive Travel Rewards with Credit Cards ($600)
Travel rewards are cash. I don’t care what anyone says. Nearly all travel rewards programs can be transferred between different accounts.
You can redeem these rewards for straight cash or use them to book a trip, which is what I prefer.
There are some travel rewards credit cards like the American Express Platinum Card that pay you big money upfront but come with a big fee.
I use the Amex Platinum card to get free lounge access, Uber credits, $300 annual travel credit and free hotel upgrades. It comes with a $550 annual fee, however.
We want free money right? So, we need to find credit cards that offer big rewards for a little fee. Plus, these cards should also have an option to redeem in cash.
Here are a few that come in mind:
- Chase Ink Preferred: Spend $5,000 in first 3 months, you will earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (equivalent to $800)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: Spend $4,000 in first 3 months, you will earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (equivalent to $600)
18. Rover: Try a New Dogsitter and Get $10
Rover is an app that helps connect people with a dog walker or a dog sitter. If you already use a dog sitter, you can try Rover and they will give you $10 to try.
That is $10 of instant savings that you would have already spent by booking with your old dog sitter.
Want to get another side hustle? These are the top side hustle ideas to make extra money.
19. Get Paid to Selfie
Did you know that you can make money selling photos of yourself? It seems pretty awkward and strange, but I bet you already have some photos of yourself on your phone.
You can sign up for an app like PayYourSelfie.com where you can start earning money from your selfie photos.
20. Make Money by Working Out
You can earn extra income for no cost to you by connecting your phone with data gathering resources like your health. There are plenty of apps that will pay you to workout.
- HealthyWage: Will pay you simply by winning contests for losing weight.
- GymPact: Earn money every time you show up to the gym
- Walgreen’s Balance Rewards: Earn $10 simply allowing them to track your steps
- StepBet: Reach step goals and get rewards by linking up your steps
If you already work out, you start earning free cash for doing nothing extra at all. Here are some other ways to get paid to walk.
21. Mistplay: Play Video Games and Earn Free Side Hustle Income
Playing video games to earn money? Yes, it’s real. You might already play some video games.
Why not get some money for it? Playing games on the bus, train or riding in someone’s car is a great way to earn money without changing your lifestyle.
With Mistplay, you can start making additional money simply by playing the video games you love.
Note: Mistplay is currently only available for Android.
Like what you are hearing? Read more in this Mistplay review.
22. Make Money by Selling Your Computing Power
Leave your computer running and make money? Yes, it’s completely possible. You can rent out your computer to mine cryptocurrency or for data purposes.
These are some of our favorite ways to rent computing power for money.
There are a set of companies that will pay you directly via PayPal to leave your computer running while you go out and enjoy the finer things in life like Honeygain.
Golem Network Token is another option, but you will earn the money in Golem Tokens. Golem is a cryptocurrency/altcoin focused on shared cloud computing.
23. Use Credible (Again!) to Refinance Your Credit Card Debt
Credible is back again. Thankfully, I extinguished all of my credit card debt. However, if you have credit card balances outstanding.
I strongly urge you to refinance those to get out of credit card debt as soon as possible.
The spreads between credit card interest rates and what people are willing help you refinance are unbelievable.
You can use Credible to check the interest rates on a refinancing opportunity from multiple willing lenders for no cost at all.
Get a quote in 2 minutes. It’s that easy.
24. Want Free Cash? Just Ask
Okay, this is one of those ways to get free money that is probably low priority and basically shunned upon.
However, it is possible and it is a way that is happening every single day around the world. Want free money? Just go up to someone and ask for $5.
There is nothing stopping you… That said. Probably not the most effective way. Let’s move on.
See Related: 12+ Best Delivery Apps to Work For
25. Search for Free Money
This is an old-fashioned way to get money for nothing. The only downside? You have to trade your time for finding money or goods that will translate into money.
People scour through beaches, forests, cities and lakes to find money every single day. You’ll likely need to be a treasure hunter to find true success.
It’s still a proven strategy that has been going on for centuries.
See Related: 14 Apps Like Shopkick
Getting Free Cash Ranked
I’ve created a nifty ranked system to help put money in your pocket and start building a better financial future.
If you think this is at all confusing, you can use a free tool like Personal Capital to track your cash flow and net worth efficiently.
I came up with these rankings based on the following:
- Ease of access to free money
- Method of payment (gift card vs cash)
- Ongoing automation of the underlying app to make money
Here are my favorite ways to get cash instantly.
Want To Earn Easy Money?
- InboxDollars: Make money in a variety of ways and get a $10 instant bonus. Claim InboxDollars Bonus Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping onine and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becoming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 point Bonus
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
Conclusion on Ways to Free Money
Getting free money is not just a pipe dream anymore. It’s possible.
You don’t need to beg or go searching for free money on beaches. You simply need to download some amazing apps, answer questions or go through small sign-up forms to get paid.
How can you have continued success in earning extra free cash? Here are a few helpful tips to consider along the way:
- Prioritize the apps that fit best for your spending habits
- Consider if you’d like to participate in side hustles like joining survey sites
- Join apps that are the most hassle-free like Drop, you don’t want to waste too much time
- Always redeem your earnings, so you can start investing faster or paying down debt sooner (make your money work for you!)
Now, go out there and get your free money! I dare you to try all the listed methods.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Free Money Possible?
Yes, free money is totally possible. You can earn free money in a variety of ways, which include providing your data, signing up for rewards, changing bank accounts and so much more.
Is There Such a Thing as Free Money?
There is no such thing as a free lunch. You’ve probably heard that saying. So, it may be hard to simply get free money out of thin air. If you put in a little work, you’ll realize that earning is not as hard as you think.
How Can I Get Free Money Right Now?
You can get free money by signing up for rewards, downloading apps, changing bank accounts, providing your data and so much more.
How Can I Get Free PayPal Money?
There are a handful of proven ways like signing up for an app, participating in cashback rewards and providing data.
- How to Make $200 Per Day
- 25+ Best Short Task Websites
- Make Money with Side Hustles
- 21+ Best Side Hustle Ideas